The iControlWP WordPress Security Manager is the only solution you need to manage all your WordPress websites.
You need more time and WordPress management every day doesn’t make your business any money. iControlWP will give you back the time you need to focus on your business.
Our Mission: Give you more free time to focus on your core business
With iControlWP you need fewer WordPress plugins because you can centrally manage much more from within your control panel. For example:
- No extra plugins to security
- No extra plugins to backups / restores
- No extra plugins for uptime monitoring
- No extra plugins for Google Analytics tracking codes.
- No extra plugins for CloudFlare integration and management
- No extra plugins to optimize your databases
- No extra plugins to clean up old drafts, comments and post revisions
- No extra plugins to manage WordPress automatic updates
With iControlWP you can:
- Manage ALL WordPress websites from a single, centralized control panel.
- One-click update WordPress Plugin (premium ones too!), Themes, and the WordPress Core.
- Bulk update all plugins, themes and WordPress cores.
- Very finely tune WordPress Automatic Updates for every plugin on every site.
- Manage CloudFlare settings using our unique CloudFlare integration.
- Insert Google Analytics Tracking code.
- Clean up WordPress
and Optimize WordPress databases
- Manage WordPress Security setting across all your sites.
- Install new WordPress websites automatically, anywhere you have cPanel web hosting
- Automatically log into your WordPress sites without remembering your WordPress login details.
- Collect useful visitor site statistics and view them directly from within your control panel.
Is iControlWP Free?
No, but you can try it out using our unlimited-sites free trial.
Is iControlWP secure?
Yes! We take great care to ensure the integrity of the connection between iControlWP and your website.
All sensitive data is encrypted on our system so it is never human-readable by anyone.
See the next question for more in-depth explanation.
I want more to know more about iControlWP plugin security?
We take security seriously at iControlWP – prevention is far better than cure and we trust when you see what steps we
take to ensure the integrity of your website you’ll know we taking the biggest steps to secure your site.
- Each new plugin install creates a unique secure code that you must supply correctly to add the site to your iControlWP account.
- When iControlWP and your plugin are connected, iControlWP creates a unique PIN code, encrypts with an MD5 hash and stores in
on your site. ONLY attempts to connect to your plugin that supply this correct PIN code will ever be able succeed.
- We also take it a step FURTHER – each connection performs a unique hand-shake process (that you wont find in other similar products)
between iControlWP and your WordPress websites to ensure that no-one else, anywhere, can spoof your WordPress site. The plugin will always
check to ensure that the connection has originated from iControlWP.com. If not, the connection is disregarded completely and immediately.
Will the iControlWP plugin slow down my site?
Not a chance! We have the absolute SMALLEST plugin (compared to similar products of this type) around.
We install only the absolute necessary code, and when you need more, iControlWP’s unique „Action Pack” delivery
system sends just what your site needs.
How does iControlWP work?
With the plugin installed and the connection setup to your own iControlWP account, the iControlWP system
will periodically ask your WordPress website for some information. Currently we check:
- WordPress Core update status
- WordPress.org Plugins update status
- WordPress.org Themes update status
- Other server environment information that helps us to determine compatibility with the iControlWP system.
This includes things like PHP version, HTTP server type and version. You can review all this captured
information from within iControlWP and is useful as a handy reference.
We then take this information and display it to you on the iControlWP dashboard – then it’s over to you and what you want to do with it.
What is WorpDrive?
WorpDrive is a new, far more clever approach to WordPress backup and restore,
and is a premium product available from with the iControlWP control panel.
It doesn’t use FTP, Amazon S3, or any of the traditional painful approaches to website backup,
and you don’t need to buy/rent any other 3rd party storage service.
WorpDrive is an ALL-IN-ONE backup and restore system for your WordPress website and is a bargain at twice the price.
Is WorpDrive free?
No. WorpDrive is available for a small monthly fee.
Közreműködők és fejlesztők
“iControlWP – Multiple WordPress Management” egy nyílt forráskódú szoftver. A bővítményhez a következő személyek járultak hozzá:Közreműködők
“iControlWP – Multiple WordPress Management” fordítása a saját nyelvünkre.
Érdekeltek vagyunk a fejlesztésben?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Released: May 2023
- (.8) FIXED: Incorrectly deactivating WPMS Network Active plugins during upgrades.
- (.7) FIXED: Ensure latest Shield compatibility.
- (.6) FIXED: Prevent unnecessary entries into PHP log file.
- (.5) FIXED: Fix for PHP 8.1 error in some environments.
- (.4) FIXED: Various reliability improvements and fixes for Shield Central management.
- (.2) FIXED: Bug: Theme upgrades on Flywheel break plugins in rare cases.
- (.0) NEW: Provisional support for PHP 8 and deprecating support for PHP 5.x
- (.0) FIXED: WordPress Core upgrades wouldn’t run for some non-English locales in some cases.
Released: March 2021
- (.2) FIXED: Fixes when upgrading premium plugins that have holes/bugs with the update data they provide.
- (.0) IMPROVED: Auto-updates for plugins/themes fully integrates with WP 5.5.
Released: May, 2020
- (.6) IMPROVED: Fix some Shield Central code.
- (.6) IMPROVED: Compatibility with WordPress 5.5.
- (.5) IMPROVED: Moved more Shield Central code to be optimised and contained within the iControlWP plugin.
- (.5) FIX: Exception when disk isn’t writable.
- (.5) FIX: Class not found exception in some cases.
- (.0) IMPROVED: Lots of code enhancements and optimisations for sites running PHP 7.0
- (.0) IMPROVED: Plugin update code improved and more reliable.
Released: 12th November, 2019
- (v.3) FIXED: Issue where plugin would deactivate itself during upgrade.
- (v.1) IMPROVED: Compatibility with WordPress 5.3.
- (v.0) ADDED: Support for Google Tag Manager and Global Site Tags.
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Large refactoring with a preference on autoloading using Composer.
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Moved module configuration to JSON, away from YAML.
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Plugin split into 2 halves: legacy code for PHP 5.x, newer code for PHP 7.x.
Released: 8th January, 2019
- (v.0) ADDED: Support for upgrading minor WP version.
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Code refactoring and improvements.
Released: 29th August, 2017
- (v.1) FIXED: Fix where unable to dismiss admin notice
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Better support for WordPress sites that can’t write to disk by default.
Released: 1st July, 2017
- (v.3) ADDED: Workaround for WP Super Cache bug
- (v.2) FIXED: Bug with file inclusion.
- (v.1) IMPROVED: Support for older versions of WordPress.
- (v.1) IMPROVED: Better handling cases where web server can’t or wont encrypt response data.
- (v.0) ADDED: Ability to automatically link site to iControlWP with a specially built plugin.
Latest Release: 3.3.0
Released: 1st June, 2017
- (v.0) ADDED: Ability to add custom page content for White Labelling.
- (v.0) ADDED: Plugin support for Core Reinstall
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Further optimizations and performance improvements
Released: 14th February, 2017
- (v.3) IMPROVED: More thorough cleaning of rollback directory
- (v.2) FIXED: Remove strict warning
- (v.1) IMPROVED: Further optimizations and performance improvements
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Further optimizations and performance improvements
- (v.0) FIXES: Some small code bug fixes
Released: 6th January, 2017
- (v.3) IMPROVED: Further optimizations and performance improvements
- (v.2) IMPROVED: Further optimizations and performance improvements
- (v.0) IMPROVED: Easier linking of sites to the iControlWP dashboard without the need for Authentication Key.
Released: 3rd January, 2017
- (v.2) IMPROVED: Reducing login notifications for iCWP logins
- (v.1) FIX: Bug with adding new sites to control panel
- (v.0) UPDATED: Large improvements to code (more to come)
- (v.0) UPDATED: More secured transfer of data during actions.
- (v.0) UPDATED: Much faster execution of actions.
Released: 16th December, 2016
- (v.0) UPDATED: Improvements to updates detection particularly for premium plugins/themes.
- (v.0) UPDATED: Various cleaning and code improvements.
Released: 1st March, 2016
- (v.0) ADDED: Support for Shield Pro.
- (v.0) UPDATED: Various improvements and optimizations including database queries.
Released: 9th March 2015
- FIXED: (v.7) Supported method for disabling the WP-SpamShield filtering.
- ADDED: (v.6) Full support for plugin white labelling.
- ADDED: (v.6) Full support for plugin white labelling.
- ADDED: (v.6) Added officially supported method for disabling the WP-SpamShield filtering.
- ADDED: (v.5) support for WP-SpamShield to prevent it blocking requests.
- FIX: (v.4) bug where the white listed IPs weren’t being updated correctly within security plugin white lists.
- UPDATED: (v.3) Update service IP addresses.
- FIX: (v.1) Fix small admin-side incompatibility with BuddyPress plugin.
- ADDED: (v.0) Re-implemented automatic updates but with a 48hr confidence delay
- ADDED: (v.0) Warning upon plugin deactivation
Released: 4th February 2015
- FIX: Fix disconnection for certain sites (v.6)
- CHANGED: Better compatibility with the iThemes security plugin (v.5)
- CHANGED: Sets a WordPress flag in order to better detect premium plugin updates (v.4)
- ADDED: Significant Performance Improvement to plugin load times (v.3)
- CHANGED: Small logic fix during action success/failure reporting (v.2)
- ADDED: Improved support for ‘WP Maintenance Mode’ plugin (v.1)
- CHANGED: iControlWP action parameters are more reliably transmitted to the plugin.
- CHANGED: Performance improvements.
Released: 21st January 2015
- ADDED: Ability to automatically add a site to an iControlWP account.
- ADDED: Support for ‘Ultimate Coming Soon Maintenance Mode’ plugin.
- FIXED: PHP require() for relative paths is broken in certain environments.
- (v.5) ADDED: UI indicators for plugin automatic updates.
- (v.5) ADDED: Further compatibility with maintenance mode plugins.
- (v.5) CHANGED: Tweaks to the white labelling system.
- (v.5) CHANGED: Refactored files for better organisation.
- (v.4) ADDED: Option to clear all statistics.
- (v.4) FIX: Small bug where statistics weren’t enabled when requested to do so.
- (v.3) CHANGED: Added work-arounds for some maintenance mode plugins.
- (v.3) CHANGED: Removed background plugin update.
- (v.2) CHANGED: Significant plugin refactoring to improve performance, security, and reliability of the iControlWP service.
- (v.4) IMPROVED: Compatibility with Shield Security user sessions and the Login-As feature.
- (v.3) FIX: Temporarily disable automatic whitelist for wordfence.
- (v.2) IMPROVED: Quick-fix to get around fatal error with poor Jetpack coding.
- (v.1) ADDED: Option to set „DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT” from iControlWP App.
- (v.1) ADDED: Option to set „FORCE_SSL_ADMIN” from iControlWP App.
- (v.1) ADDED: Option to set CloudFlare Flexible SSL from within the iControlWP App.
- (v.1) ADDED: Option to set Hide WordPress Version (WP Generator Meta tag) from iControlWP App.
- (v.1) ADDED: Option to set Hide RSD Link from iControlWP App.
- (v.1) ADDED: Option to set Hide Windows Live link from iControlWP App.
- (v.1) UPDATED: White-listing IPs.
- (v.13) FIX: Error with automatic whitelisting in some cases.
- (v.12) FIX: A few PHP notices, and update to WordPress 4.0 compatibility.
- (v.11) CHANGE: To avoid PHP strict warnings.
- (v.10) ENHANCED: Automatically adds to the Bad Behaviour IP white lists.
- (v.9) CHANGE: Improved compatibility with hosts that restrict certain methods of file includes.
- (v.8) FIX: WordPress 3.8.2 breaks automatic updates code. This update addresses that change.
- (v.7) FIX: for cron error code and google analytics js code.
- (v.5) FIX: auto-updates system is now integrated directly into plugin instead of using a separate plugin.
- (v.4) CHANGE: tweak to white labelling and stats with more options
- (v.3) FIX: for google analytics logic
- (v.2) CHANGED: Improved white labelling and options for google analytics
- (v.0) ADDED: Google Analytics Integration
- (v.4) CHANGE: some code refactoring, fixes, and improvements to the new stats features
- (v.2) ADDED: Site Statistics Module
- (v.2) CHANGED: Now ready for white labelling
- (v.1) CHANGED: Now uses WordPress wp_remote_get() by default to make its HTTP calls
- (v.0) CHANGED: Changed the URL of the App
- (v.4) ADDED: Support for Elegant themes maintenance mode plugin
- (v.4) ADDED: New Service WhiteList IPs
- (v.4) CHANGED: Small fix to the remote site add feature
- (v.2) ADDED: Verified works with WordPress 3.8 admin
- (v.2) CHANGED: Improved IP white listing method with 3rd party plugins
- (v.0) CHANGED: Now works around the WP Maintenance plugin so you can add and manage the site
- (v.0) CHANGED: Support for the new automatic WordPress Background Updates features in iControlWP.
- (v.10) ADDED: New IP address to IP address pool for the service
- (v.8) ADDED: Improved support for Maintenance Mode plugins while linking your site to iControlWP
- (v.7) ADDED: Support for All In One WP Security plugin
- (v.6) IMPROVED: W3 Total Cache compatibility
- (v.5) FIX: WPMS notices
- (v.4) ADDED: Full support for WP Engine
- (v.3) FIX: Support for automatically adding whitelisted IP addresses for the Shield Security plugin
- (v.2) ADDED: Support for WordPress Firewall 2 plugin by automatically whitelist iControlWP IPs
- (v.2) ADDED: Support for the Ultimate Maintenance Mode plugin
- (v.0) ADDED: Ability to add a site to an iControlWP account from within the WordPress site itself
- (v.0) ADDED: Support for the underConstruction plugin to ensure we by-pass any redirection
- ADDED: support for initial plugin white labelling options
- ADDED: login-as redirect options and support for WPMS login as
- ADDED: Automatic Better WP Security IP Whitelisting for the iControlWP service
- ADDED: Automatic Wordfence IP Whitelisting for the iControlWP service
- NAME CHANGE: Was Worpit, now iControlWP.com
- ADDED: support for logging in as any user, not just admin.
- FIX: preventing the plugin from disconnecting from the service in some cases.
- FIX: Improved security
- CHANGED: Plugin communication with iControlWP App changed to help avoid security restrictions that impact direct access to PHP files.
- TWEAKED: Plugin’s custom access rules.
- ADDED: a fix for whe na site changes its underlying file structure and the location of the plugin moves.
- Plugin now redirects to the iControlWP settings page upon activation.
- FIX: a bug with the code in the plugin option to mask WP version.
- Plugin re-architecture to use HTTP GET instead of POST to receive directives from worpitapp.com
- Tested with WordPress 3.5
- Adds custom options for setting various security related WordPress settings.
- Now easier to find the plugin URL when adding a site.
- Adds a .htaccess to the plugin root folder to cater for people who don’t have their own .htaccess to prevent directory listing
- Fixes compatibility with other plugins who have the same function names in some cases.
- Work around Maintenance Mode plugin so iControlWP commands still work even in maintenance mode.
- Fix for handshaking features.
- Minimum required version to support WorpDrive WordPress Backup and Recovery Service
- Better stability features that also allow for better handling of errors and unexpected plugin output.
- Removes interference from the ‘Secure WordPess’ plugin when the iControlWP plugin initialises due to a request from the iControlWP service.
- No functional change, just some wording on plugin.
- Latest stable release.
- Worpit – Manage WordPress Better Initial Release.