TG Copy Protection plugin provides various ways to protect the contents of your website.
Once installed, the settings of the TG Copy Protection plugin would be available for being changed from the ‘TG Copy Protection’ option in the ‘Settings’ menu on the admin screen (back-end) of your WordPress website or blog.
Usually, every website allows for free copying of its contents. However, there may be certain websites which may not be willing to allow copying of its contents due to various reasons. TG Copy Protection plugin is meant for such websites which want to block copying of its contents to a normal visitor. This plugin allows you to copy-protect the content of your WordPress website or blog in one of the following manners and you can change this setting at any time:
- Enable copy protection by disabling mouse and key commands for copying, printing, saving, source-code, etc. When this option is selected, TG Copy Protection will not allow copying of contents of your website by keyboard commands (such as Ctrl-C) or by mouse commands. In fact, with this option selected, one cannot highlight or select any text from your posts or pages. Thus, copying of your contents will be blocked. This method takes care of various copying methods, such as by Ctrl-C, Ctrl-A, Ctrl-X, printing page from browser by Ctrl-P, saving files from browser by Ctrl-S, viewing source-code of web page by Ctrl-U, viewing page code in developer mode (such as by Ctrl-Shift-I in Google Chrome), mouse right-click, text-selection, drag and drop, etc.
- Enable copy protection by setting copied text to nothing, i.e., by emptying it. When this option is selected, TG Copy Protection uses another method to prevent copying of your content. In this method, when the user selects the text for copying, the text is allowed to be selected; however, the copied text is set to nothing, i.e., it is set to an empty string. So, when the user pastes this text in some other application or file, your copied contents will NOT get pasted.
- Disable copy protection, but append copyright text with page link to copied text. When this option is selected, TG Copy Protection plugin will disable the copy protection, i.e., it will allow copying of text. However, the plugin will append your copyright text and your page-link or backlink or credit-link (of the web page from where copying took place) to the copied text. Thus, when the user pastes the copied text in his application or file, the pasted text will include your page-link and copyright warning. This plugin gives you freedom to change what copyright text should appear appended to the copied text.
- Disable copy protection completely, i.e., allow full copying as it happens in most of websites normally. When this option is selected, TG Copy Protection plugin will do nothing, i.e., it will allow the normal working of the website, wherein its contents are allowed to be copied freely by any visitor to your site.
Unlike other plugins which offer copy protection, TG Copy Protection plugin has an in-built option that allows disabling copy protection, i.e., it allows copying of text from your website. So, there is no need to uninstall or deactivate the plugin if you want to disable copy protection for some days or some time. Of course, if you want to completely disable copy protection forever, then you may like to deactivate / uninstall this plugin.
TG Copy Protection plugin works in the background of your website in the most unobtrusive manner. You only have to select some basic settings once and it is ready to start working to protect the contents of your website. Of course, you can change these basic settings any time later.
This plugin works on all WordPress websites or blogs. It is a very light-weight plugin.
- Upload the ‘tg-copy-protection’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ folder on your website server.
- It will show as installed plugin. Then, activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress admin page.
- You can also use the ‘Add New’ command on the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress admin page. Thereafter, search this plugin from the search-box. Or, alternatively, click the ‘Upload Plugin’ button to upload the zip file for this plugin (tg-copy-protection.zip), and then follow on-screen instructions to install and activate the plugin.
- How can I protect the content of my blog from being copied?
Simply install and activate this plugin. Select the appropriate option for enabling copy protection on your website (which will be available on the options page on the backend, i.e., admin screen, of your WordPress site at Appearance -> Settings -> TG Copy Protection). Here, we may point out that the first option, i.e., ‘Enable copy protection by disabling mouse and key commands for copying, printing, saving, source-code, etc.’, will work best for copy-protection of your website contents; and, in fact, this is the default option when the plugin is installed for the first time.
- How can I disable copy protection later on and instead again allow copying of my contents?
Unlike other plugins which offer copy protection, TG Copy Protection plugin has one in-built option that allows disabling copy protection, i.e., it allows copying of text from your website. So, there is no need to uninstall or deactivate the plugin if you want to disable copy protection for some days or some time. If you want to completely disable copy protection forever, then, of course, you may like to deactivate / uninstall this plugin.
- Can I change the copyright text that is appended to the copied text when I select the third method or option of copy-protection?
Of course, you can do it. TG Copy Protection plugin allows you to change your copyright text. The default copyright text, when the plugin is installed for the first time, already contains your home-page link with the copyright information. Normally, the default copyright text should be alright for most sites. However, you are free to change it anytime in case you so want. But, please do NOT manually insert the link to the page, from where the copied text is actually taken by the visitor, since it will be automatically inserted by the plugin in a dynamic way depending on from which the visitor copies the text. In fact, in advance, you cannot predict from which page a visitor would copy some text. So, it is best left to the plugin to dynamically ascertain as to what is the link of such page from where text is being copied by a visitor. And, the plugin does a nice job indeed!
- How can I ask a support question or get help from you in case of any issue with TG Copy Protection Plugin?
If you have any doubt or support questions, you are welcome to leave your comments at http://www.tekgazet.com/tg-copy-protection-plugin which is the Plugin Page for this plugin. You can also ask your support questions on this WordPress plugin site (https://wordpress.org/plugins/tg-copy-protection/).
Közreműködők és fejlesztők
“TG Copy Protection” egy nyílt forráskódú szoftver. A bővítményhez a következő személyek járultak hozzá:Közreműködők
Érdekeltek vagyunk a fejlesztésben?
- This is the first fully-tested stable version of the plugin.