MPL-Publisher 📚 creates an ebook, print-ready PDF book, EPUB for KDP, or Audiobook MP3 directly from your WordPress posts.
If you are looking for a WordPress ebook generator or you are a self-publishing author ✍️, it will solve the “how to publish my digital book” problem, doing it the simplest possible way 👌. Convert your posts to EPUB, posts to PDF print-ready, posts to docx (MS Word), posts to Audiobook (MP3)… etc.
Writing a book successfully is a challenge by itself and publishing an ebook can be pretty painful without the right tools. But with Kindle Direct Publishing, Amazon publishing, and other forms of self-publishing, publishing an ebook or audiobook can even be easy.
It is free to self-publish on the most popular ebook platforms, like Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP), NOOK Press or KOBO. You just need a formatted ebook file to load to the publishing platforms. This is your completed, edited manuscript in specific formats: .ePub for Amazon KDP and other stores, or PDF for print-ready books.
With our plugin, you can download in a matter of seconds your eBook from your WordPress blog in these formats. If you already have a WordPress site, you are ready to start selling online your self-published book.
The plugin is full of features (check the features section and roadmap to future releases) and open to any comments, bugs, or issues you may have. Use the MPL-Publisher Support Forum.
For now, these are the current features:
- Unlimited books per site with unlimited exports per book.
- Advanced cover editor included (only available for premium).
- Select indivicual chapters (posts, pages, and “secret chapters”) to include in your eBook.
- Set basic information about your book: Title, Description, Authors, ISBN, Publisher, Book Cover.
- Download your eBook as EPUB2.0, EPUB3.0, Markdown, Microsoft Word (Docx), print-ready PDF, HTML for Kindle Direct Publishing, and Audiobook (mp3).
- Add a widget to your sidebar to promote your book with your readers.
- Promote your book using the shortcode [mpl] and their available options.
- Basic filter and sort your chapters individually.
- Add additional book chapters and edit current content.
- Include your custom CSS styles into your books.
Future releases will include, at least, the next functionalities:
- Multiple professional designs available.
- Sell directly your ebook to your audience.
Other Plugins Compatibility
We believe in WordPress as the tool for creating the web and, for this reason, MPL-Publisher is compatible with other plugins custom post types. This will allow you to create ebooks & audiobooks without changing your current tools.
Some of these plugins have been tested by ourselves and guarantee proper compatibility. This list includes:
- weDocs – Create great looking documentation for your products. Organize your product documentation in your site, beautifully!
- Echo Knowledge Base – Instantly create an online self-service Knowledge Base for your users, customers and employees.
Also, there is a fantastic community of plugins available if MPL-Publisher doesn’t meet your criteria:
- Print My Blog – Make printing your blog easy and impressive. For you & your visitors. One post or thousands.
- DK PDF – DK PDF allows site visitors convert posts and pages to PDF using a button.
- Anthologize – Use the power of WordPress to transform your content into a book.
- PHP 7.1.8 or higher
- WordPress 5.0 or higher
For further information, visit the MPL-Publisher plugin’s homepage
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Upload the uncompressed folder
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Navigate to MPL-Publisher in your admin menu
To include a shortcode in your pages or posts
- Add the
- Available options are
[mpl download=true]to include a download button and
[mpl external=true]to include your book’s external links
- Modify your shortcode’s title using
[mpl]Download my book[/mpl]
I’m getting an error!
If you see something like:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '[' in ../wp-content/plugins/mpl-publisher/vendor/illuminate/support/helpers.php on line 365
This error is related to the installed PHP version on your server. Please, make sure you follow the recommended WordPress requirements
If you have any other error, please use the MPL-Publisher support forum
Which output formats are supported?
Currently, we support EPUB2.0, EPUB3.0, Microsoft Word (docx), Markdown, print-ready PDF, HTML for Kindle Direct Publishing, and Audiobook (mp3). You can choose it from the Output format’s select menu.
What about other formats?
In future releases, we will add further improvements to our current formats. Keep updated.
Közreműködők és fejlesztők
“MPL-Publisher — Create your Ebook & Audiobook” egy nyílt forráskódú szoftver. A bővítményhez a következő személyek járultak hozzá:Közreműködők
Érdekeltek vagyunk a fejlesztésben?
- Add “Book Subtitle” field and compatible to all output formats
- Update tabs disposition and move “ISBN” field to “Meta” tab
- Tested up to PHP 8.1
- Added content validation before eBook generation. Validating content before generation ensures your eBook will contain no HTML errors and will be compatible with all EPUB checkers.
- Change README tags, description and content
- Word: Improve TOC generation: link to titles and page number.
- Word: Add book title and Author after cover image.
- New admin page design
- Removed MOBI from supported formats as it’s outdated
- Improved UX on responsive, filters and tutorial intro
- Fix error when custom post type is not available anymore
- Add support for more post types other than post, page and book chapter
- Testing compatibility with other knowledge base plugins
- Retesting for WordPress 5.9 and PHP 8.0
- Decrease posts limitation to 50 results to improve performance
- Allow Premium users to edit max results per book
- Non-premium users can download a free PDF and MP3 sample
- MPL-Publisher JSON format is now available for all users
- Apply “the_content” filter to mimic content displayed
- Fix “Apostrophe in description is repeatedly escaped”
- Remove banners and ads on premium version
- Action to duplicate your posts as chapters and avoid editing original content
- Added JSON format to improve cross-compatibily with MPL-Publisher tools
- Removed Markdown format as it was mostly unused and unknown
- Update Spanish, French and Catalan translations + plugin readme description
- Increase tested up to WordPress 5.9
- Change UX on chapters list to look similar to MPL v2
- Remove get_authors and get_tags queries as they were unused
- Audiobook format now allows up to 20k words
- Update following plugin recommendations
- Validate, Sanitize and Escape User Data
- Increase posts results number limitation
- Update resources for self-publishers
- Fix cleaning options on plugin deactivation
- Update plugin URLs with brand new MPL-Publisher v2
- Selected chapters will be kept and ordered on filtered results
- Security risks avoided using Transient API to show admin notices
- Updated Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (KDP) Mobi generation library
- Fix: Detect premium users on additional resources
- Fix cover image not being saved appropriately
- Added order option (ASC/DESC) on chapters list
- Added new cover editor (only for MPL-Publisher premium)
- Fix Word cover alignment and image size
- Change tabs literals and modified content (Links are now part of Metadata)
- Responsive improvements (buttons on XS and text-size)
- Added Plain Text (txt) as new output format
- Added tutorial/help section explaining main plugin features
- Warning message before leaving the page without saving changes
- Include TOC at the beginning of the document on Microsoft Word export
- Support for WordPress 5.8
- Fix error related with filter button not filtering results
- Downgrade min WordPress version to 5.0
- Allow br tags in book content
- List chapters even if there are over max results
- Added 2 new premium themes: Future and Romance ⭐
- Enable Gutenberg editor for book chapter post type
- From now on, you can manage multiples books for the same site
- Added action to clear book information and start from scratch
- Fix error loading remote placeholder image
- Update PHP version requirements
- Introducing Marketplace: resources and ideas to help you boost your book sales
- Add image styles to keep alignment with WordPress editor
- Remove custom styles on the “Download my eBook” widget
- Fix parsing date error on Word file generation
- Fix loading plugin translations and update them
- Added experimental feature to embed images into book contents
pxon book styles
- Fix error on saving premium license key
- Tested up to WordPress 5.7 and PHP 8.0 (and bugfixing)
- Optimize database query when loading chapters
- Added new book theme! Check it out at our “🎨 Appeareance” tab
- Premium ⭐ version doesn’t require a direct FTP upload anymore
- Better usability messages on saving and error ✅
- Improvements on our print-ready PDF premium formatting 📘
- Hotfix changes using emoji library
- Fix MOBI file generation
- Update emojis with open-sourced Tweemojis
- Updated search filters (filter posts and chapters by month)
- Added Spanish, French, and Catalan translations
- Premium publishers (print-ready PDF and Audiobook) generation improvements
- Fix EPUB 2.0 and EPUB 3.0 validation errors
- Clean HTML tags from content to prevent design errors
- Change default content sorting to OLDER chapters first
- Premium publishers (print-ready PDF and Audiobook) generation improvements
- Move menu position outside the “Tools” section
- Limit query results to avoid more than 150 results
- Minor usability improvements on publishing actions
- Fix annoying count error. Thanks lholfve!
- Added print-ready PDF as output format
- MPL-Publisher Premium ⭐ it’s available!
- Added Audiobook (mp3) as output format
- Pages can now be attached as book chapters
- UX improvements and lots of emojis
- Fixed error related with PHP min version
- Update to WordPress 5.5
- Allow filter posts by year (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/filter-posts-by-yearmonth/)
- Allow multiple themes loading and selection
- Added hooks for plugin extensions (pending documentation)
- Fix Markdown generation to include CSS files and fonts
- Added MOBI as output format (Basic field, not ready for production)
- Fix Draft Book Posts? issue
- Fix “Read More” issue (Posts where printing only excerpts on the generated eBook)
- Fix plugin page navbar and table styles
- Update plugin dependencies
- Added Microsoft Word (Docx) as output format
- Custom CSS text area under the Appearance tab
- Add MPL-Download eBook widget to promote your book with your readers
- Shortcode to include your MPL-Download eBook using
- Added a “Links” tab to include related pages with your book, like Amazon or iBooks links
- Improved tab navigation on responsive mobile
- Fix language load_plugin_textdomain path
- Added Serbian translation. Thanks to Andrijana from Web Hosting Geeks
- Added Appearance’s tab to preview and choose your book design
- New filter with content type selection
- Download the book as a zip file with chapters in markdown format
- Fix automatic line breaks into HTML paragraphs
- Added French translation. Thanks to zebulong
- You can add specific content as a chapter to your book without needing to be an existing published post
- Added Copyright information field about your book
- Added default CSS classes to book.css to ensure styles on images once the book is published
- Added multiple tooltips to increase information about how the plugin works
- Fix CSS mpl-pubisher.css namespace
- Fix local timestamp on save information
- Fix saved image source
- Now you can save your changes for future publications
- The chapter’s list shows also your private posts
- Review plugin’s description and tags to improve visibility
- Fix mobile/responsive button display
- Improved admin’s page navigation using tabs
- Add helping blocks to a better understanding
- Add book publication’s date field and editable language field
- Bug printing post’s edit link
- Added authors filtering to chapter’s selection
- Added tag filtering to chapter’s selection
- Improve readme.txt description to provide server requirements information
- Pending 1.5.0 Spanish and Catalan translations
- Add Book Description
- Sets Blog Language as Book Language
- Fix “Class not found” error
- Chapter’s selection filtered by posts categories
- Fix HTTPS image request
- Added EPUB3.0 as output format
- Upload a Book Cover
- Added meta-information about the generator
- Corrected Spanish and Catalan translations
- New default book style
- Added Spanish and Catalan translation
- Replace Twig with illuminate/view as the view engine
- Fix duplicate ID chapter
- Sort individual chapters manually
- Initial release.